The use of self storage centres has grown significantly in the UK over the last fifteen years. You can pick the most suitable size of secure space to fit your needs. At Stock N Lock you can rent space short term or long term. You simply bring your storage items – furniture, archive boxes, Just-In-Time stock etc – to the Stock N Lock Self Storage centre and lock them away in your rented space. You are the only key holder and you have your own individual electronic PIN code which gives you access to the building 365 days a year.
You can store your items in your own secure, lockable space from as little as one week or for as long as you need. With Stock N Lock you can also easily switch to either a smaller or larger space as your needs evolve. Storage with us is flexible and hassle-free.
Stock N Lock provides the very latest in modern, high-tech, secure storage. If you have any questions, ask any of our staff. They are professionally trained and experienced in providing simple solutions to your storage needs.
Protecting your goods is something we take very seriously. The Stock N Lock Self Storage Centre has sophisticated alarm systems. Every room is individually alarmed and monitored – and the Centre also has 24-hour CCTV surveillance. Access to our building is strictly controlled and you are the only key holder for your unit. This means you are the only person with access to your space, which is secured with a padlock owned by you. You also have a personal PIN code, which gives you access to the building 365 days a year.
You need your own padlock to guarantee that you are the only key holder for your self storage space and to ensure that your room is locked securely at all times. We stock a full range of high security padlocks on site in our Stock N Lock shop.
Self storage with Stock N Lock is a very cost-effective means of creating space in your life or business. There are no business rates to pay and there are no hidden costs – you simply pay for the space that you need. Our team will ensure that you start with the most cost-effective (i.e. smallest) space possible. The rental charge is based simply on the floor space in your room – the smaller the square footage, the smaller the rental charge.
Try using our space calculator to work out what you need. Think about how stackable your goods and possessions can be. Our room heights are either 8 feet 10 inches (2.7 metres) on the ground floor or 8 feet (2.5 metres) on the first and second floors. Our experienced and professional staff are always at hand to give you the best possible advice.
Yes, VAT is payable at 20% on all of our storage rooms. VAT is included within our quotes.
At Stock N Lock we offer a minimum self storage rental period of one week, which makes short term storage very inexpensive, and flexible – and you can extend this period for as long as you want. There is no maximum rental period, so your long term storage can be as long term as you like! If your space requirements change we can quickly provide you with a smaller or larger space.
Your Stock N Lock Self Storage quotation includes rental charge inclusive of VAT. You will need to buy or provide your own padlock to secure your room and your goods must be protected while they are in storage. You can either provide evidence of your own insurance or we can provide protection via our goods protection service known as StoreProtect.
You can choose whether you want Stock N Lock to invoice you every 4 weeks (i.e. 28 days) or every month. Since we do not ask for a deposit, rental charges are payable in advance by credit card, debit card, direct debit or standing order. We do not accept cash payment for rental charges.
You only need to give us one week’s written notice (email is fine) and where appropriate we will refund you any unused self storage charges.
You can move into your self storage space on the same day as you make your initial enquiry, providing you have insurance cover and the documents needed to complete your contract. We ask for two forms of identification. One must be photo ID (passport or driving licence) and the second must be a utility bill, bank statement or council tax bill that is less than 3 months old. If you wish to reserve a space, just ask and we can do this for you.
Our Self Storage Agreement requires you to either: accept our enhanced liability protection under StoreProtect; or arrange insurance at your own expense for your stated Maximum Reinstatement Value for the duration of storage.
Please refer to our StoreProtect page for more information.
We must understand the total value of all goods stored with us, even if you arrange insurance elsewhere. It is, therefore, a requirement for all customers to declare a suitable Maximum Replacement Value and to ensure it remains adequate for the storage period.
Your Maximum Replacement Value must represent the total current cost of replacing all stored property as new, except the following items where the replacement cost is calculated differently:
- household linen and clothing, motorcars, motorbikes, boats, caravans, motorhomes and any other motorised vehicle, where the Replacement Value allows for the age, quality, degree of use, existing damage and consequent market value;
- any goods which cannot be purchased new (such as antiques or works of art, for example), where the replacement value shall be the current market value; and
- documents, where the Replacement Value shall be calculated as the physical cost of replacing the documents and/or cost of reprinting, re-issue and/or reconstitution, but excluding the value of the information contained in the documents.
If you opt for StoreProtect:
If the Maximum Replacement Value you provide is less than the actual total Replacement Value of all of your property stored at the time of loss or damage, then our liability under StoreProtect will be reduced to reflect the proportion that your Maximum Replacement Value bears to the actual total Replacement Value (“Proportional Reduction”).
For example: if the total replacement value of your property is £10,000, but you have declared a Maximum Replacement Value of £5,000. our liability will be reduced by 50%. So, if £3,000 worth of Your Property is lost or damaged, our liability would be £1,500.
There are certain items which are not suitable for storage. Please see our What Can’t I Store page for details.
Stock N Lock can be accessed 365 days a year anytime between 6am to 10pm. 24 hour access can also be arranged, subject to conditions.
Reception is open 7 days a week:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 6 pm
Saturday: 9am to 5 pm
Sunday: 11am to 5 pm
Exception: our Stonehouse location is open:
Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5 pm
Saturday: 9am to 5 pm
Stock N Lock has plenty of parking with easy parking and disabled access. Our reception and shop is at the front of the building, and all floors have easy access lifts which are large enough to take our trolleys.
We can offer advice for van rental and removals or moving house if required. We have negotiated special rental prices with local van hire centres and can recommend local van rental or ‘Man and Van’ services. Call us to find out more.
Stock N Lock is flexible when it comes to space and we are happy to help you move to a smaller or larger room at any time.
All our rooms are at least 8 feet (2.4 metres) high (excludes our 1-meter square storage lockers).
Stock N Lock team members will always en-devour to assist you with any awkward or large items when requested. All customers have free use of our trolleys and pallet trucks. All our locations except Stonehouse have a forklift truck which a Stock N Lock team member can operate. Please note: we do request that you give advance notice of requirements of the forklift truck so we can ensure a licensed driver is on hand to operate it.
Stock N Lock has a well-stocked store on-site with a wide range of packaging materials, including boxes, bubble wrap, padlocks, tapes, portable wardrobe boxes, packing tissue, mattress and sofa covers. Our cardboard boxes include some clever packaging for archiving and stacking. You can check our stocks online or visit us on site.
We understand that people’s circumstances can change – just let us know if this happens and we can adjust your booking.
All students, armed forces personnel, police, ambulance and fire crew receive a 10% discount for the duration of their booking.
You must not store (or allow any other person to store) any of the following:
- You must not store any Lithium ion batteries exceeding a watt-hour (Wh) rating of 160 Wh unless they are built-in and cannot be removed from the otherwise permitted Goods; portable battery chargers, power banks or any similar portable power source; more than five E-Scooters, E-Bikes, E-Skateboards or any similar battery-powered vehicles, unless the battery has been removed and is not being stored; more than ten laptops, tablet computers, children’s toys or other similar items containing built-in batteries;
- Food or perishable goods unless securely packed in hard plastic or glass containers so they are protected from and do not attract vermin;
- Any living creatures;
- Combustible or flammable substances such as gas, paint, petrol, oil, cleaning solvents or compressed gases;
- Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition;
- Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents, toxic waste, asbestos or other potentially hazardous substances;
- Any Goods that emit fumes, or odours;
- Refrigeration equipment should be fully defrosted and dry, and the door left open to allow air circulation and to prevent mould;
- Waste products of any kind;
- Ensure that the fuel tanks of any items which require fuel (e.g. lawnmowers, motorbikes, and cars) are fully drained;
- Any illegal item or substances or goods illegally obtained such as, but not limited to, illicit (counterfeit/smuggled) tobacco or alcohol and unlicensed or unsafe goods (such as toys, electrical goods, medicines, aerosols, cosmetics, fireworks);
- Goods which are environmentally harmful or that are a risk to the property of any person;
- Currency, deeds and securities;
- Property where the value to you cannot be assessed on a financial basis, including goods purely of sentimental value; and
- Any goods which are contaminated with food or any other substance which may deteriorate, rot, become mouldy or attract vermin.